Community Credit Union was formed under a state charter by a group of ten teachers back in 1953 in Titusville, Florida and was originally known as the Brevard County Teacher's Credit Union. Eight of the ten teachers signed a Certificate of Organization, and each of them subscribed to one share in the Credit Union (a total of $40). The efforts of the original shareholders William E. Weeks; Howard B. Jones; J. V. Revels; L. R. Williams; B. Frank Brown; Thomas A. Backus; R. L. Gillispie; and George W. Maxwell, Jr. formed the beginning of what would eventually become Community Credit Union. Today, Community Credit Union serves all residents of Brevard, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Volusia and Indian River counties.
Community Credit Union's main office was originally located at 1007 Florida Avenue. From there, the office moved in 1978 to 965 Florida Avenue, and then again in December 1990 to 1030 South U.S. Hwy 1 in Rockledge, FL where it currently resides. In addition to the Rockledge branch, Community Credit Union also has branches located in Melbourne, Titusville, Palm Bay, Port St. John, Viera and Indian Harbour Beach.
Community Credit Union is a member-owned, not-for-profit, tax-exempt, financial cooperative that was formed to encourage savings by offering a fair return on members' savings. The Credit Union then used those savings to make loans to other members at competitively low interest rates. Through the years, Community Credit Union has grown to over 30,000 members and continues to grow within its membership. Community Credit Union has maintained its strong financial stability and has proven that the convenience and service provided under the cooperative, member-owned and market driven philosophy results in the most safe, secure and successful means of providing financial services.
Community Credit Union continues to demonstrate outstanding performance in many areas: