How To Research Your Vehicle Title Type
Most vehicle loans issued by CCU have an electronic title.
Once your vehicle loan is paid off and CCU has released the lien, we are unable to request your title for you. You can confirm your title type or request a copy of your title by following these steps:
- Have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) handy. You can find this on your vehicle registration, insurance card, or on the vehicle itself.
- Car or truck: most VIN plates appear on the lower left-hand side of the dashboard. Alternatively, it may be easier to see the VIN by standing outside the vehicle and looking through the windshield.
- Boat: the 12-character Hull Identification Number is usually located on the transom of the boat at the starboard side.
- Motorcycle: the VIN is on the frame, usually on the steering neck, though some are located on the motor near the bottom of the cylinders. Check owner’s manual for exact location.
- RV: the VIN is generally located on the driver's side near the bottom edge of the windshield.
- Click or tap the following link to reach the Motor Vehicle Information Check form on the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website: https://services.flhsmv.gov/MVCheckWeb/
- Enter your VIN, and follow the instructions.
- You can leave the ‘Title’ field blank.
IMPORTANT: For a fee, you may obtain a paper copy of the title from the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website or one of their offices. However, if your title type is electronic, we encourage you to maintain your title electronically to eliminate the risk of losing it and having to pay title fees to obtain a duplicate. It is also a deterrent to fraud, since potential thieves will not have access to the title.