Teaching a new generation the benefits and the responsibilities of sound financial practices is an important aspect of our community outreach at Community Credit Union. That's why we partner with teachers throughout our service area to create valuable, educational and interesting lesson plans that teach the basics of finances.
Here are just a few of the many education initiatives that are sponsored by Community Credit Union:
- Classroom and web resources for elementary to high school students
- 21st Century Community Learning Center series of parent workshops at elementary schools
- VPK financial literacy resources
- Teen Parent Programs
- Adult Education workshops, including ESOL students
- A+ Business Academy - career and personal finance
- Career and Technical Education: high school career academies
- Career Source: NexGen programs, Juniors to Jobs
- Crosswinds Youth Services - Independent Living Programs
- Reach & Teach Partnership
- Support for employees: sponsorships, incentives and workshops, Bus Driver Safety Week Celebration, BPS Retirees, BPS Legacy Club, Teacher Appreciation Week, Future Educators Association, Teach Round-Up, Annual Teacher Convene
- School Support: School Bucks Program and Mascot Debit Card Program
Money Masters School Programs - CCU partners with elementary schools to provide students, parents and teachers an opportunity to join and regularly participate in the Money Masters Savers Club. CCU currently has Money Master school branches at seven Brevard County Elementary Schools: Croton, Enterprise, Golfview, Harbor City, Palm Bay, Roy Allen and Sherwood. Each week at these schools, student tellers "open and operate" a branch to take deposits and encourage savings.
Student Scholarships - Scholarships from Community Credit Union are administered by Eastern Florida State College. For information contact the Eastern Florida State College Foundation office at 321.433.7053 or log on to their website at: www.easternflorida.edu/foundation.
School Sponsorships and Support - Community Credit Union donates more than $100,000 annually to local educational initiatives such as Teacher of the Year, Employee of the Year, Principals Leadership Team Meeting, Brevard Schools Foundation Golf Tournament, Professional Development for teachers in Brevard and Indian River Counties, Academy of Business and Finance, and various other public and private school projects.
Online Resources - A summary of financial and consumer education offerings for all ages.
If you or your school would like to discuss a presentation or partnership with Community Credit Union, call 321.690.2328 or email: email@example.com.