Community Credit Union is a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative. It was formed under a state charter by a group of ten teachers back in 1953 in Titusville, Florida and was originally known as the Brevard County Teacher's Credit Union. Eight of the ten teachers signed a Certificate of Organization, and each of them subscribed to one share in the Credit Union (a total of $40). The efforts of the original shareholders William E. Weeks; Howard B. Jones; J. V. Revels; L. R. Williams; B. Frank Brown; Thomas A. Backus; R. L. Gillispie; and George W. Maxwell, Jr. formed the beginning of what would eventually become Community Credit Union. Today, Community Credit Union serves all residents of Brevard, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Volusia and Indian River counties.
The cooperative was formed to encourage savings by offering a stronger return on the members' savings than they could find elsewhere. The Credit Union then used those savings to make loans to other members at competitively low interest rates. This is still the basic concept of our operation.
Community Credit Union has maintained its strong financial stability even during economic downturns. We strive for a high level of operational efficiency in order to provide the maximum return to members.
The CCU Mission
"Always improve the financial well-being of our members and make a positive difference in the community."
Community Credit Union continues to demonstrate outstanding performance in many areas:
- An Excellent Rating from IDC - CCU continues to receive an Excellent Rating from IDC. IDC is the premier global provider of financial market intelligence and annually rates the investment community on business strategy and performance.
- High Rating from BAUER - Overall 5-Star Rating. BAUERFINANCIAL, Inc. analyzes and reports on the financial condition of the nation's credit unions. BAUERFINANCIAL obtains the raw data from the federal government and analyzes it with additional research and historical data. Upon completion of the analysis, a star rating is assigned. The star ratings range from zero stars to five stars, with five stars being the highest.
- Crystal Award from Raddon Financial Group - Raddon is a leader in providing financial and marketing analysis to the financial services industry. The Crystal Award is given for achieving a Top Ten ranking based on the RFG Performance Index, a balanced scorecard measurement of growth, income, efficiency, and margin management.
- Return of Member - Market Leader. This measurement, produced by Callahan and Associates, measure the value of the return provided to the members of credit unions in the United States.
- Clean Audits from Crowe Horwath and the State of Florida