Health Savings Accounts
You have the right to choose where to open your HSA. So choose the best one around...it's right here at CCU!
A Health Savings Account is an interest-bearing, tax advantaged account that offers individuals and families the opportunity to save and pay for qualified medical expenses. CCU offers a HSA that provides several advantages:
- Earn a higher rate of interest than is available from other financial institutions in the area
- No minimum balance requirements
- As little as $10 to open
- Use your VISA debit card or checks to make payments
- Make deposits with real-time online transfers from your other CCU accounts
- Track your medical expenses with Money Management PFM: The epic way to visualize and interact with your money.
- Included in your CCU account statements
Adults, age 18 and over, can contribute to a Health Savings Account if they:
- Have coverage under an HSA-qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP)
- Have no other first-dollar medical coverage (other type of insurance like specific injury insurance or accident, disability, dental care, vision care, or long-term care insurance are permitted)
- Are not enrolled in Medicare
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return
Additional Information Regarding HSA:
- Contributions to your CCU Health Savings Checking Account can be made to you, your employer, or both
- Contributions can be made for the previous tax year until April 15th or the tax deadline
- Contributions are subject to annual limits
- Contributions to the account must stop once you are enrolled in Medicare. However, you can keep the money in your account and use it pay for medical expenses tax-free
PLEASE NOTE: CCU is not able to determine if you are eligible to open a HSA and is not responsible for advising you regarding compliance with government regulations for HSA accounts. You are responsible for understanding and managing your contributions and distributions from the account. Your employer, tax advisor, or financial consultant can advise you regarding your eligibility, annual contribution limits, and other details regarding HSA Accounts. You can learn more about Health Savings Accounts on the U.S. Department of the Treasury web site.
Open your CCU Health Savings Checking Account today!
Speak to a Member Service Representative: 321.690.2328 (outside Brevard, 1.800.690.2338)
Stop by one of our seven branch locations. Our Rockledge and Palm Bay branches are open Saturdays from 9 am to noon.
Existing CCU Members: Use the Mobile App or log in to eBranch Online Banking and your personal information will be pre-filled for you. Or, you may use the application found by selecting the "Open an Account" link below, but you will be asked to provide your personal information, including your Member Number. Select “Existing Member”.
Mobile App: Go to More and select Open An Additional Account
eBranch Online Banking: Select the Online Application link at the upper right of the screen.
Prospective CCU Members: Select the icon below, then select the “Become a Member” link.
For Additional Assistance:
Please contact a Member Service Representative at 321.690.2328 (outside Brevard, 1.800.690.2338) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your security, DO NOT send account numbers or other private information using this general email address. Private, unpublished personal information should ONLY be sent through Secure Email, which is available within the Mobile App and eBranch Online Banking.